- Boot the system from boot disc 1 or an ISO image of the installation media
- Once the system has successfully booted from the ISO image and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot screen will appears, type: "linux rescue" without the quotes, and hit enter at the prompt.
- Select "Continue" when prompted to allow the rescue environment to mount Red Hat Enterprise Linux installation under /mnt/sysimage directory.
- Type "chroot /mnt/sysimage"
- Then edit /etc/fstab
- In this file, in the very last column for each mount point, there is a number. Changing this number to a 0 (zero) will make it so that it does not try to fsck that mount point on boot.
- Save the file
- Reboot or CTRL+D
Monday, May 9, 2011
Disable the fsck on boot
Posted by Unknown at 9:18 AM